These PB&J overnight oats are packed with protein thanks to the peanut butter powder and cooked quinoa and then they're topped with fresh strawberries, peanuts, dark chocolate, and a few goodnessKNOWS strawberry snack squares. Make the night before, enjoy the next morning (cold or hot).
You guys, I have bad news. Summer is OVER.
Back to school.
Back to routine.
Back to reality. (Anyone else have EN VOGUE singing in their heads right now?! Back to liffffffffffe, back to re-al-i-ty.)
As much as I love summer --- and all the glamping and adventures, and ice cream floats, and picnics in the park, and endless frosé, part of me really loves September and getting back into a routine. Here are a couple things that help with that transition:
1. Getting organized! Helllllllllllllllo, paperwork and schedules and carpool and homework. This time of year, I always grab a cute new planner (like this Yoobi one) and start adding in all the essentials. I know. My hubby thinks I'm crazy that I still use a paper calendar. But I'm just so visual --- so it helps me to see the whole week laid out and to use different color pens for different types of activities.
2. Making breakfasts ahead of time. Like these overnight oats. It's so easy to throw everything into a glass bowl or tupperware the night before and let it do its magic overnight while I'm getting some much needed shut-eye. Honestly I've never been on the overnight oats train, but I am officially hooked --- with some very specific caveats: a) I like mine warm. I "could" eat them cold, but why? They're just as good (or better!) heated up in the microwave for 30 seconds. + b) I use nourishing add-ins like quinoa and peanut powder and goodnessKNOWS snack squares (you could also try chia seeds or coconut shreds) to make them a bit heartier and satisfying.
goodnessKNOWS snack squares are:
- divided into 4 snackable squares per serving
- only 40 calories each
- packed with good-for-you ingredients
- available in 6 flavor combos
Find them in a store near you!
3. Gathering a bunch of lunch ideas (for the adults and kiddos) Here's a few of my favorites:
- Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese Stars
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Mason Jar Carrot Noodle Salad
- Rainbow Mason Jar Salmon Salad (coming later this week!)
- Turkey & Strawberry Pinwheels (shown below)
4. Getting some shut-eye. Anyone else notice that their kiddos didn't sleep in alllllllllllllllll summer. Like never once. Like always up at 6:15-6:30AM. But as soon as school starts up again, you have to wake theem up every.single.morning?!?!?!?! Going back to school and getting back to routine is tiring. Like REALLY tiring. So make sure you're getting enough sleep, going to bed at a reasonable hour, and letting your body (and mind) truly rest.
And just remember...
As hard as that first week (or three) feels, you'll get into the swing of things in no time!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of goodnessknows. The opinions and text are all mine.
PB&J Overnight Oats
PB&J Overnight Oats
- Remove the stems and cut up 3 strawberries into small pieces.
- In a large jar or tupperware, combine the diced strawberries with the oats, peanut butter powder, quinoa, cashewmilk, creamer, and jam. Stir until thoroughly mixed. Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 6 hours at minimum).
- In the morning, take the oats out of the fridge. You can eat cold or microwave for 45 seconds. Then top with goodnessKNOWS squares, the remaining two strawberries (sliced), peanuts, and dark chocolate.
Yields 2 Servings