There are potentially some really exciting things on the horizon for me and my little blog in the near future (including THIS!!)...so please send some of your positive thoughts, prayers, and vibes this way!! I am bursting with anticipation, excitement, fear, and hope. And when (if) any of them turn into reality, I will share the heck out of them with YOU. Did you know that YOU are the primary reason I love doing this so much? I love interacting with you, equipping you, and motivating you to be your best self. Speaking of that, there are now over 180 of you joining me on the October 14th Reboot! #booyah We are going to rock it - together!
Introducing Chickpea Cornbread:
Fall is in full swing here in Colorado, and we're actually supposed to get our first snow on Friday. While I'm not fully ready for the white stuff, I am loving the cooler weather. It totally makes me want to eat a yummy chili or soup with cornbread. So that's exactly what I did. :)
This cornbread is gluten-free and vegan, that is...until you drizzle honey all over the top :)
- Combine 2 tbsp ground flax with 6 tbsp warm water in a small bowl. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mash chickpeas, or add vanilla almond milk and blend them w/an immersion blender.
- Combine all ingredients (including the chilled flax).
- Spray a 12" pie pan, and pour in batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Yields 12 Servings