I don't know about you, but my body is seriously ready for a reset after the holidays. Though I was more deliberate in not completely overdoing it, I still indulged more than normal. So over the next few weeks I will be enjoying more fresh veggie juices like this one and this one, more greens, more soups like this one and this one, and more salads like the one I'm sharing with you today. Real, wholesome, plantbased, nourishing foods.
It starts with beautiful, vibrant freshly washed baby spinach.
Add in sweet potato chunks roasted in lime juice and paprika, cooked tri-color quinoa, cilantro, organic tomatoes, avocado, olive oil, and spices... and voila, a superfood spinach salad is born.
Keeps you full longer
Packed with protein and healthy fats from the quinoa, avocado and olive oil, this salad will actually keep you full and satisfied for more than 30 minutes. I was going to say "keep you full 'til dinner"... but I always have an afternoon snack, like this green smoothie or a small cup of this veggie soup or a couple carrots.
- Is your body in need of a January reset?
- Do salads tend to keep you full?
Superfood Spinach Salad
Superfood Spinach Salad w/Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and dice sweet potato into small cubes. In a medium bowl, toss the sweet potato with 1 tbsp lime juice and paprika.
- Lay the sweet potato pieces flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Just before the sweet potatoes are done, combine all other salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in sweet potatoes and serve!
Yields 2 Servings