I'm seriously sooooooooo excited about today's post! As you know, I love my spiralizer. I tried to convince you here and here and here to buy one. It might just be the best $30 you spend this year! And after you scroll through the pictures below, it will be a done deal. Do it. For the love of veggies. ((here's the one I use))
My blogging besties and I have teamed up again to bring you 6 delicious, healthy spiralizer meals.
Starting with... my paleo pad thai.
Paleo Pad Thai // (recipe at the very bottom of post)
This might just be my favorite meal ever. It's completely grain-free (using spiralized carrots and sweet potatoes), completely nut-free (using sunflower butter), and completely over-the-top delish! You'll want to lick the bowl when you're done!
It starts with beautifully spiralized carrots and a sweet potato.
There's a trick to spiralizing carrots -- you have to choose super fat ones, lol! My grocery store sells single organic carrots, so I just hand-picked the fattest ones. And voila...
The noodles are sauteed in a bit of sesame oil and then topped with egg, red cabbage, bell pepper, sunflower seeds, cilantro, and the yummiest creamiest pad thai sauce you've ever tasted. Sooooooooo many good things in one bowl! And feel free to throw in some grilled chicken or shrimp too (though it's delish as-is)!
So grab those chopsticks and enter pad thai bliss.
Chicken Pho with Zucchini Noodles:
Brought to you by the lovely Davida of The Healthy Maven
Homemade Vietnamese Pho soup that's been healthified with zoodles and packed-full of veggies. Don't be intimidated, this Healthy Chicken Pho with Zucchini Noodles is a lot easier than you think! Get the recipe here.
Garlic Sriracha Hash Browns with Baked Eggs:
Brought to you by the lovely Lee of Fit Foodie Finds
Got a yam? Make these paleo spiralized hash browns flavored with garlic and siriracha for a flavorful and filling breakfast paired with baked eggs! Get the recipe here.
Jerk Shrimp with Crispy Plantain Noodles:
Brought to you by the lovely Brittany of Eating Bird Food
Take your tastebuds on a trip to the Caribbean with sweet and spicy jerk shrimp served over a crispy bed of spiralized plantains sautéed in coconut oil. Get the recipe here.
Orange Beef Stir Fry with Kale:
Brought to you by the lovely Taylor of Food Faith Fitness
This orange beef stir fry is served over sweet potato noodles for a healthy, Paleo-friendly meal that is quick, easy and perfect for a weeknight! You won't even miss the take-out! Get the recipe here.
Creamy Pasta alla Vodka:
Brought to you by the lovely Lexi of Lexi's Clean Kitchen
A dairy-free creamy vodka sauce loaded with crispy prosciutto, shallots, basil, and garlic over zucchini linguine will quickly become a staple in your house! The perfect pasta alternative of your favorite classic dish; guilt-free!Get the recipe here.
I want them all.
- Do you have a spiralizer? What are your favorite veggies to spiralize?
- Which spiralized meal are you inspired to make first?!
Paleo Pad Thai with Carrot and Sweet Potato Noodles
Paleo Pad Thai with Carrot and Sweet Potato Noodles // via Nosh and Nourish #paleo #vegetarian
- Combine 1 tbsp of sesame oil with the other sauce ingredients (sunflower butter through coconut milk) in a large measuring cup. Use an immersion stick blender to puree the sauce until smooth. Set aside.
- Spiralize (or julienne) the carrots and sweet potato.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add in 1 tbsp of sesame oil, the spiralized noodles, red onion, and red pepper. Saute for approximately 12 minutes (stirring frequently), until noodles are softened but not mushy. Stir in the pad thai sauce that you previously made and set aside making sure to coat all the noodles evenly.
- In a separate small pan, scramble the eggs with the remaining 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil. Once cooked, slice the cooked eggs into thin strips.
- Top the noodles with the eggs, sunflower kernels, red cabbage, and cilantro.
Yields 3 Servings