So bright. So cheery. So simple. So mouth-wateringly good! This appetizer is perfect for any summer party, backyard get-together, or sophisticated gathering. Have you figured out how much I love the new "Simply" line from Pillsbury yet?!?! I promise, they didn't pay me to say that. (But maybe they should, LOL). I love their new "Simply" products because they use no artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives...and have no high fructose corn syrup. So far I have made a Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Bread, a savory Chicken Parmesan Swirl Bread, and now this flatter, fruitier, and more summery creation.
Let's admire its beauty for a minute:
It's beautiful whole.
It's beautiful sliced and served on a cute appetizer plate.
And it's beautiful close-up.
And did I mention easy? It's only 5 ingredients! And it uses the leftover Mango Habanero sauce from my Salmon Quesadilla recipe (which is over-the-top amazing, by the way!)
You just get your dough, your cheese, your fruit (and toddler to help arrange raspberries -- optional), and your glaze. Bake, and voila!
You can use this method/base and change up the flavors to make your own yummy creations... I'm dreaming up a strawberry pesto version this very minute. (that has since been baked and devoured!!!)
Chipotle Peach & Raspberry Cheese Bread
Chipotle Peach & Raspberry Cheese Bread // @noshandnourish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open Pillsbury Simply dough and unroll it flat onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Fold up 1/2 inch over each edge, to create a sort of "crust."
- Lay 6 slices of cheese on the dough, so they're covering but not touching.
- Thinly slice your peaches, and layer them systematically over the dough/cheese.
- Sprinkle the raspberries on top.
- Then take a basting brush, and brush on the marinade lightly over the top of everything.
- Bake for 28 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned.
- Slice...and devour!
Yields 8 Slices