This Power Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish for your upcoming summer barbeques / parties, or can be a simple weeknight dinner too. It is totally gluten-free and protein-packed thanks to the Ancient Harvest POW! Green Lentil pasta... and it is vibrant, nourishing, and colorful thanks to the huge variety of veggies available at your local Sprouts.
Don't you love how colorful rainbow chard is?
I love to juice it.
I love to put it in smoothies.
And I love to saute it with garlic -- for things like quiche and pasta salad like the one I'm sharing with you today.
As you can tell... it's soooooooooo super versatile!
A lot of pasta salads have bacon or pepperoni for added protein and heartiness, but this one is completely vegetarian. Its protein primarily comes from the green lentil pasta (25g per serving!!!) and the pine nuts.
I love that Sprouts Farmers Market has so many private label organic foods to choose from --- at really good prices. Fresh basil, olive oil, spices, dijon mustard, coffee, coconut milk... there are literally hundreds!
The creamy dressing is made by whisking together Goodfoods' caramelized onion dip, olive oil, rice vinegar, and iime juice. But feel free to sub in plain Greek yogurt or vegan mayo if you prefer.
I don't know about you, but I am soooooooooo ready for summer barbeques and unending sunshine and popsicles on the patio!
Other summer barbeque recipes you will love:
- Watermelon & Strawberry Sangria
- Chopped Cherry Broccoli Salad
- Vegan Potato Salad
- Peach Cobbler with Quinoa
Disclaimer: this is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sprouts. The opinions, text, recipe, and beautiful food photos are all mine. Thank you for supporting brands that support Nosh and Nourish!! I choose them based on what I already cook/create with and feel 100% confident in recommending to you.
Power Pasta Salad with Rainbow Chard
power pasta salad | vegetarian pasta salad | vegetarian summer barbeque recipes | green lentil pasta
- Cook the pasta according to the package. Drain and then cool in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl: caramelized onion dip, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, lime juice, and rice vinegar. Whisk together. Set aside.
- On medium heat in a large skillet, saute the rainbow chard stems, leaves, and basil with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil... for approximately 5 minutes, until greens are softened but not browned. Remove them from the skillet and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- In the same skillet, now emptied, lightly toast/brown the pine nuts, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes. Then remove them from the skillet and add them to the large mixing bowl.
- In the same skillet, now emptied, saute the bell pepper and tomatoes for approximately 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned. Remove them from the skillet and add them to the large mixing bowl.
- Finally, in the same skillet, now emptied, saute the onions for approximately 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned. Remove them from the skillet and add them to the large mixing bowl.
- Combine everything in the mixing bowl. Stir and then serve.
- You can refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Yields 6 Servings