Hey again! It’s Leigh Ann from My Diary of Us bringing you a fantastic and easy weeknight meal! I don’t know about you but I get into a dinner rut from time to time and am always looking for new ways to reinvent a classic recipe! I love enchiladas but don’t love how they are covered in cheese and sometimes not as healthy as they could be! That’s why I am putting a twist on the classic way to prepare enchiladas with my pan-fried version using my new favorite pan, The Original Green Pan Ceramic Non-Stick Everyday Pan! My Mediterranean Pan-Fried Enchiladas are going to be one of your new favorite weeknight meals and you are going to love how light and fresh these really are!
Chicken shawarma is one of my go-to dishes at any Mediterranean restaurant, so I decided to take those flavors that I love and turn them into enchiladas that the whole family can enjoy! The Original Green Pan Ceramic Non-Stick Skillet is the perfect pan to use for these because of it’s incredible non-stick capabilities, so there is no problem flipping tortillas! I love that these pans are 100% toxin free so you can feel great about cooking food in them for your family while still enjoying the benefits of a non-stick skillet!
The flavors and textures in this dish are layered with warm spices, fresh crunch, and creamy tanginess giving you a burst of deliciousness with every single bite! I even added zucchini for a little extra vegetable action to the chicken mix because why not right? You can’t ever add too many veggies in my opinion!
AND yes my toddler ate this meal too! I made a deconstructed version for Parks and he ate it right up so you know that this recipe is a keeper!
I love how pan-frying the enchiladas gives them a slightly crispy shell which I happen to love maybe more than a classic enchilada recipe made extra crispy with the Green Pan nonstick skillet! If you haven’t heard of The Original Green Pan yet, then you should definitely check them out and head over to our Instagram pages (@noshandnourish + @mydiaryofus) to enter in a chance to win a full set of their Venice Pro Cookware for yourself!
This dish is not only super tasty, but it also makes for a really gorgeous presentation and would be so great for entertaining too! One thing is for sure, you need this recipe in your life! I promise it’s going be a hit with your whole family! P.S. You can totally prep the toppings and even the chicken filling as part of your weekly meal prep, which would make dinner ready in no time on any busy weeknight!
Pan-Fried Mediterranean Enchiladas
Pan-Fried Mediterranean Enchiladas
- Heat GreenPan Everyday pan over medium high heat.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and 1 Tbsp. of shawarma seasoning. Add 1 tbsp. of oil to the pan and then sear chicken on both sides for 5 minutes per side.
- Add chicken stock to the pan and place the lid on to continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes, flipping one more time.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare the tzatziki sauce and the greek salad pico by combining each set of ingredients into two separate small bowls and stirring to combine. Set aside.
- When chicken has cooked through, remove from the pan and let cool slightly. Then shred.
- Add onion, zucchini, garlic, and tomatoes to the pan and sauté for another 2-3 minutes adding the rest of the shawarma seasoning until vegetables are tender.
- Add the shredded chicken back to the vegetables and mix together. Remove from heat, and place chicken filling in a large bowl to prep enchiladas.
- Wipe out the GreenPan skillet to wipe out residue to prepare for pan frying the enchiladas.
- To prepare enchiladas, take 1/4 cup of shawarma chicken filling and place inside of a corn tortilla, sprinkle desired amount of feta cheese, and roll up placing seam side down, careful not to overstuff each tortilla. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas and filling. (Recipe will make 8-10 enchiladas)
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil over medium heat in GreenPan skillet and place 4-6 rolled tortillas (at a time), seam side down into the pan and sear on each side for about 5 minutes per side. When flipping, carefully use a spatula so that the filling doesn’t come out.
- When both sides of the enchiladas have a crisp outside, top with a good amount of greek salad pico and tzatziki.
- Serve immediately.
Yields 10 Enchiladas