Sweet Potato Bourbon Bundt Cake --- the perfect fall dessert. // via Nosh and Nourish
2 cups Bob's Red Mill organic flour (or sub Bob's 1:1 GF baking flour)
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoon Iodized Sea Salt
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 small sweet potato (cooked)
1⁄2 cup unsweetened cashewmilk (or sub your favorite milk)
3⁄4 cups Ellyndale's Pumpkin Seed Oil (or sub extra virgin olive oil)
1 tablespoon Bourbon (optional)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3⁄4 cups organic raw cane sugar (or sub coconut sugar)
1 cup Powdered Sugar (for the icing)
1 tablespoon Bourbon (for the icing -- or sub coffee)
1 tablespoon Silk Caramel Almondmilk Creamer (for the icing -- or sub your favorite creamer)
1⁄4 cup Now Foods' Honey Roasted Pecans (crushed, or coarsely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Get out 3 mixing bowls (at least it's not 6!).
- In the largest mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir and then set aside.
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine the cooked sweet potato and add the cashewmilk. Finely mash, or use an immerision hand blender to puree. Then add in the pumpkin seed oil and vanilla. Stir and then set aside.
- In a third bowl, combine the eggs and sugar. Using a hand mixer, mix on medium-high for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Then, pour the egg mixture into the sweet potato mixture. Stir. Then, pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overstir.
- Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan, then bake for 45 minutes.
- Once the cake is finished, let it cool on the counter for 20 minutes. Then, flip it over onto a cake plate.
- Combine the powdered sugar, bourbon and creamer. Stir until a creamy consistency has formed. If it's too liquid-y, add more powdered sugar. Then use a spoon to drizzle it over the cake. Then, sprinkle on the crushed pecans.
Yields 8 Servings