Roasted Fall Veggie Platter with Black Truffle Aioli
3 Dr. Praeger's Brussels Sprouts Cakes
1 yellow bell pepper
1 small purple sweet potato (peeled and sliced into rounds)
2 rainbow carrots (peeled and sliced into rounds)
1 Golden beet (peeled and sliced into rounds)
1 small piece of a shallot (outer paper-y layers removed)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
3⁄4 cups avocado oil mayo ((for the aioli))
1 tablespoon black truffle oil ((or sub white truffle oil--- for the aioli))
2 teaspoons balsamic glaze ((for the aioli))
1 tablespoon chopped roasted shallot ((for the aioli))
2 tablespoons pumpkin butter ((for the mustard sauce))
1 tablespoon grainy mustard ((for the mustard sauce))
6 asiago cheese sticks (or other cracker you want to serve)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, lay out the bell pepper, sweet potatoes, carrots, shallot, and beet rounds in a single layer. Brush with olive oil then sprinkle with a little bit of sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until softened and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, make the aioli dipping sauce by whisking together the avocado oil mayo, truffle oil, and balsamic glaze. When the veggies are finished roasting, dice the cooked shallot and add 1 tbsp of the dices into the aioli.
- Make the pumpkin mustard by combining the pumpkin butter and grainy mustard in a small bowl.
- Cook the Dr. Praeger's brussels sprouts cakes according to the package --- I prefer the stovetop method with a bit of olive oil. Heat, then cut them in half for serving on the platter.
- Serve the roasted veggies with the cakes and cheese sticks on a platter with both dipping sauces.
Yields 6 Servings