Gluten-free Blueberry Muffins // @noshandnourish
2⁄3 cups Chickpeas (mashed)
1⁄4 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1⁄2 cup Blueberry Yogurt (I used Noosa)
1⁄4 cup honey
2 teaspoons Vanilla
1⁄4 cup Coconut Sugar
2 Egg Whites
2 cups Brown Rice Flour (or sub other kind of flour)
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
3⁄4 cups Blueberries
2 tablespoons Brown Rice Flour (for the crumble topping)
2 tablespoons Butter (for the crumble topping)
2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar (for the crumble topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mash chickpeas (I microwaved my chickpeas for 1 min to soften them before mashing).
- Add in all remaining muffin ingredients: almond milk, yogurt, honey, vanilla, coconut sugar, egg whites, flour, baking powder, & baking soda. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in blueberries gently.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray, or use butter/flour to coat the insides.
- Pour batter evenly into the muffin tin (mine made 10 muffins).
- Mix together the crumble toppings: butter, coconut sugar, and brown rice flour.
- Press a small spoonful of crumble onto each muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool for ~5 minutes before devouring.
Yields 10 Muffins