Nosh and Nourish: Cranberry Pumpkin Relish
12 ounces Fresh Cranberries
1 Autumn Glory apple (peeled and diced)
1⁄2 teaspoon Ginger (I used ground)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 cup Orange Juice (or sub apple cider if you want the relish to be sweeter)
1⁄2 cup Coconut Sugar (or sub organic raw cane sugar)
2 tablespoons pumpkin butter
1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
*Really, any babyfood pouch that contains pumpkin or sweet potato will work fine.
- Combine all ingredients (except orange zest) in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once sauce is thickened, remove from heat and cool.
- If you like a more consistent texture, like I do, take an immersion blender to the mix for a minute or two to break up the large chunks/berries.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve alongside turkey or hearty butternut loaf.
- Top with orange zest (optional)
Yields 16 Servings