Cornbread Stuffing with Cranberries and Roasted Fennel --- the perfect side for the holidays! // via Nosh and Nourish
19x9 pan of cornbread, cooked* (and cut into cubes)
1fennel bulb (sliced into rounds)
1 tablespoonDark Amber Maple Syrup
4 tablespoonsEarth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks (or sub regular butter if you're not vegan)
1⁄4yellow onion (diced)
1 tablespoonFresh Sage (diced)
2Field Roast apple sage vegan sausages (or sub chicken sausage)
1⁄2 teaspoonMontreal Chicken Seasoning
3 tablespoonsDried Cranberries
2 cupsImagine's NO-CHICKEN Broth (or sub regular chicken broth)
2 tablespoonsEarth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks (sliced and laid on top)
* This is the cornbread recipe I used, but feel free to use whatever type of cornbread you prefer!
- Slice the cornbread into small cubes, approximately 1 inch or smaller.
- Preheat the oven to 425. Lay the fennel bulb slices on a baking sheet and brush the maple syrup over the tops. Roast for 15 minutes or until lightly browned, then remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temp to 375.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 4 tbsp of butter, then add in the onion, sage, sausage, and montreal chicken seasoning. Cook for about 8 minutes until onion is softened and sausage is browned.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cornbread chunks, sauteed onion and sausage, cranberries, and chicken broth. Pour it in a large casserole dish, then top with the fennel rounds and thin slices of butter (2 tbsp total).
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375.
Yields 8 Servings