Greek Mason Jar Salads
- Cook pasta al dente per package instructions. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, prep any produce that you need to prep and measure out your spices, etc.
- Make dressing by combining the following in a large bowl: vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, marjoram and lemon juice. Once combined, slowly add in your olive oil whisking gently as you go until oil is incorporated. Add sat and pepper to taste, and then set dressing aside.
- Arrange salad jars by layering dressing on bottom of jars, followed by tomatoes, chicken, cucumber, pasta, olives, more tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese and butter lettuce on top. Once done, secure lids on tops of jars.
- If you are enjoying immediately, shake jar to distribute dressing.
• If making ahead of time, please note that this salad can be refrigerated for a couple days. When ready to eat, shake jar to distribute dressing before serving. Enjoy straight from the jar or transfer to a bowl and enjoy!
• For more depth of flavor pour a very small amount of dressing onto individual salad components (onion, cucumber, etc.) and allow to marinate a bit prior to assembling. I always do this and it really gives it a much more intense flavor!
• Store extra dressing in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Yields 4 Servings