cranberry cool whip pie | gingersnap pie | cranberry cocol whip pie
1⁄3 cupcoarsely chopped pecans
1⁄3 cupmelted coconut oil*
2 cupsFresh Cranberries
1 tablespoonLemon juice
1⁄4 cupraw cane sugar
5 1⁄3 ouncesSilk Vanilla Almond Dairy-free Yogurt Alternative
9 ouncesSo Delicious Coco Whip ((basically dairy-free Cool Whip))
1⁄4 cuppumpkin puree (for the caramel swirl)
1⁄4 cupSilk Almondmilk Caramel Creamer (for the caramel swirl)
1 cupCoconut Sugar (for the caramel swirl)
*This is the vegan butter flavored coconut oil we love.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a high speed blender (I love my Blendtec!) or a food processor, combine the gingersnaps and pecans. Pulse until made into crumbs. Then pour the dry crumbles into a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the melted coconut and stir until combined. Set aside 1/2 cup.
- In a greased pie plate, press the remaining gingersnap crumbles evenly into the pan and up the sides to make a crust. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. (Be sure to check on it around 8 minutes, because it can easily burn). Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium pot over medium high heat, combine the cranberries, water, lemon juice, and sugar. Stir occasionally for 6 - 8 minutes until most cranberries "pop." Then, over a medium mixing bowl, press the cranberries through a fine strainer or sieve (see picture above in blogpost). Discard solids.
- Stir in the yogurt and Coco Whip into the cranberry goo. (<---- technical term) Then, spoon it into the cooled pie crust. Use the back of the spoon to fill it evenly. Set aside until the caramel is finished.
- In a small pot over medium low heat, combine the pumpkin puree, Silk almondmilk caramel creamer, and coconut sugar. Heat and stir for approximately 3 - 4 minutes. Caramel should thicken, but make sure that it doesn't burn by stirring constantly.
- Spoon on the desired amount of caramel (I had a little bit leftover in the pan because I wanted more of the pink of the pie to show), then use a chopstick or knife to swirl the caramel. I like making figure 8s and swirls, but you can do whatever you'd like... there's no wrong way!
- Put into the freezer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours, until adequately hardened. It should be easy to slice!
- If you store it in the freezer longer, be sure to cover with foil and then take out to thaw for 15 minutes before serving.
Yields 8 Servings