A Nearly Perfect Lunch...
First things first. You MUST know...I am in love with obsessed with fish tacos. It is extremely hard for me to pass one up. If I could eat them every day I would. My favorite fish taco establishment nearby work is Rubio's. They are known for their fish tacos and specifically their "2 Taco Plate," which includes two fish tacos, a side of chips, and a side of beans. But one day, not too long ago I realized a few things:
- I do not need that much food for lunch. (I probably don't even need that much for dinner!!) Maybe if I was a farmer, or gathered hay for a living, or had to walk 3 miles to get water for my village to drink, that much food would make sense. But I don't. I get to look forward to sitting for another 5 hours at my desk after lunch is over.
- I don't need chips. I just don't. They just add 300+ calories of fluff and fat, and honestly, very little enjoyment in return.
- I can request subsitutions. Who knew?!? I love their particular "Soy Sesame" taco, with spinach, lime, and a delicious sesame soy sauce. But, it comes with fried fish. Today I asked if they could make the same taco (sauces, toppings, etc) with grilled fish... and GASP, they agreed!
- Portion. Portion. Portion. I saved 560 calories and 30g of Fat (!!!) by not choosing the standard 2 Taco Plate and customizing my order based on smaller portions and healthier subsitutions. Today's Lunch "stats": Calories = 350; Protein = 19g; Fat = 9g.
Which brings me to the title of this blog post... A Nearly Perfect lunch.
What would have made it more perfect????
- Extra spinach - next time I will ask for it.
- Having my hubby or baby along with me.
I also saw this dress on my way out of the mall. If I was thinner, I would have bought it. I don't want to have to keep saying that!!!
Tomorrow will be my first official "weigh-in" on the blog, to be repeated every Thursday. Wish me luck :)