Sweet Spaghetti Squash Casserole // @noshandnourish
1 Spaghetti Squash
1⁄2 pound Lean Ground Beef
1⁄2 cup Red Wine (I used a Malbec)
1⁄2 cup 100% Fruit Juice (I used Orange/Peach/Mango)
1⁄4 cup honey
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1⁄2 cup Pear Chobani Greek Yogurt
1⁄2 cup Sunflower Seeds (or sub chopped walnuts)
6 slices Provolone Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cook Spaghetti Squash in Microwave (~8 minutes) to soften.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Add in the wine, juice, honey, and cinnamon to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Fork spaghetti squash out into a large casserole dish.
- Mix in the beef/sauce mixture.
- Add in the sunflower seeds.
- Top with a thin layer of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes. I did drop the temp to 350 partway through baking as the cheese browned rather quickly. (So I did 18 minutes at 375, and 12 min at 350).
- Serve with a side of pear Chobani (optional)
Yields 6 Servings