strawberries n cream pancakes | vegan pancakes | dairy-free pancakes
2 tablespoonsGround Flax
6 tablespoonsWarm Water
2 cupsorganic all-purpose flour (or sub GF 1:1 )
1 tablespoonBaking Powder
2⁄3 cupsSilk almondmilk creamer (vanilla or sweet cream would work)
1 cupSilk unsweetened almondmilk
1⁄2 teaspoonpink McCormick Color from Nature all-natural food dye (optional)
1 cupCocoWhip (dairy-free whipped cream)
- Create your flax eggs by combining the flax and warm water in a small bowl. Stir until combined, then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Whisk until combined, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flax eggs, the creamer, the almondmilk, and the pink color (optional). Stir, then slowly add in the dry flour mixture, stirring as you go. Combine until there are no lumps.
- In a large skillet pan over medium low heat, use non-stick spray or dairy-free butter to grease the pan. Pour the batter into small 3 - 4 inch circles. When the pancakes start bubbling a bit and the bottom is lightly browned, flip them over. Continue cooking for a minute or two on the other side.
- Serve warm with a dollop of Cocowhip and fresh strawberries.
Yields 10 Pancakes