Smashed Potatoes with Lemon Basil Aioli || vegan aioli
1 1⁄2 poundpetite medley potatoes (about the size of golf balls)
1 tablespoonOlive Oil
1 teaspoonSea Salt
1 tablespoonGround Flax
2 tablespoonsSilk unsweetened almondmilk (warmed)
1⁄2 cupOlive Oil
1 teaspoonMinced Garlic
2 tablespoonsVegan Pesto* (recipe below)
1 teaspoonorganic lemon pepper
1 teaspoonLemon Zest
1⁄4 cupmicro greens (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. On a parchment lined baking sheet, lay out the potatoes in a single layer. Brush them with olive oil and sprinkle on some sea salt. Bake for 25 -30 minutes, until lightly browned and softened.
- Meanwhile, combine the flax and warmed almondmilk in a large measuring cup. Stir, then put in the fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
- Then, add in the other aioli ingredients on top of the chilled flax mixture (olive oil, garlic, basil paste, lemon pepper, and lemon zest).
- Use an immersion hand blender to emulsify / puree.
- When the potatoes are done roasting, smash them with a large fork. Then add a dollop of aioli and a few micro greens to serve.
Yields 6 Servings