Slow Cooker Apple Sausage Stuffing // via Nosh and Nourish
1 1⁄2 loafCiabatta Bread
1Pink Lady Apple
2 tablespoonsFresh Chopped Sage
3 tablespoonsDiced Yellow Onion (~1/8 onion)
3Chicken Apple Sausages
3 1⁄2 cupsChicken broth
**To make vegetarian, sub in veggie broth and veggie sausages.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Cut the 1.5 loaves of ciabatta bread into 3/4 inch cubes.
- "Dry" / bake the cubes in the oven for 1 hour to remove all moisture.
- Dice the pink lady apple.
- Chop 2 Tbsp of fresh sage.
- Dice 1/8 of an onion and the chicken sausages and brown them on the stovetop.
- Then, combine all ingredients into the slow cooker. Stir thoroughly so that the bread cubes are covered with the broth.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Stir occasionally (every 30 min or so) to make sure it cooks evenly.
- Transfer into a baking dish and bake for 10 minutes at 350 in the oven, if you like a crispy top (optional, but recommended!)
Yields 8 Servings