sesame rice with roasted veggies | easy lunchbox meal
2 cupsBob's Red Mill Sweet Brown Rice (or sub your favorite grain)
9sugar snap peas
1⁄2a head of purple cauliflower (or sub regular)
1 tablespoonextra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 tablespoonEverything Bagel Spice (from Trader Joes --- or sub salt and pepper)
1 tablespoontoasted sesame oil
1 cupshredded cooked chicken
1 tablespoonSoy Sauce
For the lunchbox:
Add 1 package of teriyaki seaweed, 1 cutie orange, 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, and 4 Smarty Pants kid vitamins (optional)
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions, then set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Chop / slice the vegetables (cauliflower, carrot, and snap peas). Lay them on a single layer on a foil ilned baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with everything spice.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until softened and slightly browned.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups sweet brown rice, the roasted veggies, and all of the other ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Serve hot.
Yields 4 Servings