Purple Sweet Potato Waffles
1⁄2a large purple sweet potato, cooked (or sub regular orange sweet potato)
2 tablespoonsgranulated monkfruit (or sweetener of choice)
1 cupSilk Oat Yeah! milk
2 tablespoonsSilk creamer
1⁄3 cupavocado oil
1⁄2 tablespoonApple Cider Vinegar
1 tablespoonpurple sweet potato powder** (optional, for deeper purple color)
2 cupsSprouts' Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoonBaking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoonBaking Soda
6blackberries, diced (optional)
*2 flax eggs = 2 tbsp of flax mixed with 6 tbsp of warm water, then refrigerated for 15 minutes
**the purple sweet potato powder we like is from Suncore foods.
- Make your flax eggs (instructions above). Refrigerate for 15 min
- Cook your sweet potato (either 4 min on high in the microwave or 45 min in the oven at 425 degrees). Scoop out the flesh inside and measure out ~ 1/2 cup.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the 1/2 cup of sweet potato, monkfruit, Oat Yeah!, and creamer. Use an immersion stick blender to puree until smooth.
- Then stir in the flax eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, and purple powder (optional).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Then stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture.
- Heat your waffle iron per owner instructions. Lightly spray cooking spray into iron and then add enough batter to the iron to make waffles. Every few waffles, be sure to re-spray your waffle iron as necessary.
- Once cooked, stack up a couple of your waffles and add a dollop of CocoWhip and more fresh berries... or syrup, whichever you prefer.
Yields 10 Waffles