Perfect Valentines' Dessert: Pink Swirl Brownie Bars
3⁄4 cups Chickpeas
1 1⁄2 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1 1⁄2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 cup Coconut Sugar
7 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 1⁄2 cup Dark Chocolate chips
8 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1⁄2 cup Strawberry Greek Yogurt
1⁄4 cup Sugar
4 drops Pink Gel Dye (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13 x 9 pan.
- Combine the chickpeas and almond milk in a large mixing cup. Use an immersion stick blender to puree the chickpeas until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chickpea/almond milk puree, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and eggs. Stir thoroughly. Then, in a separate bowl, mix dry brownie ingredients: flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Combine with the wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips, then set the brownie batter aside.
- Prepare the cream cheese batter by combining cream cheese, greek yogurt, vanilla, sugar, egg, and pink gel (optional). Use a hand mixer to beat until smooth.
- Spoon 2/3rds of the brownie batter in the 13 x 9 pan. Then, spoon all of the cream cheese batter on top of that. Finally, spoon the final 1/3 brownie batter in clumps, leaving a lot of the cream cheese batter showing through. Then, take a knife and run it through the batters to "swirl" the brownie batter and the cream cheese batter. I ran the knife left to right, then, up and down, then repeated one more time.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
Yields 24 Servings