The cutest Grain-Free Chocolate Heart Cookies ever // via Nosh and Nourish
3⁄4 cupsBob's Red Mill Coconut Flour
1 teaspoonBaking Powder
1⁄4 cupCocoa Powder
1⁄3 cupCoconut Sugar
1⁄4 cupBob's Red Mill Pea Protein Powder (or sub your favorite vanilla protein powder)
1⁄2 teaspoonSea Salt
2 tablespoonsMelted Coconut Oil (to add later when ready to bake --- does not go in jar)
3Eggs (to add later when ready to bake --- does not go in jar)
1⁄2 cupSilk Chocolate Cashewmilk (to add later when ready to bake --- does not go in jar)
- The recipe above is for EACH JAR. So if you're making 4 jars, repeat through the ingredients and layers 4 times.
- The little note you need to include with each jar should say: "When ready to bake, add 2 tbsp melted coconut oil, 3 eggs, and 1/2 cup chocolate cashewmilk. Bake for 15 min at 350 degrees."
TO ASSEMBLE THE JARS:
Assemble your jar in the order listed (to keep the colors in nice layers):
- Bottom layer: coconut flour
- Next: 1 tsp baking powder + 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Next: 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- Next: 1/4 cup pea protein powder + 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Last: 1/2 cup M&Ms (or sub dairy-free chocolate chips to keep it dairy-free and paleo)
TO BAKE THE COOKIES:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Empty out the jar into a large mixing bowl. Add in the coconut oil, eggs, and cashewmilk. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment paper. It's too sticky to roll without the paper.
- I used heart valentine cookie cutters, but you can use whatever cut outs you want... or even roll small balls with your hands.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned and not super mushy.
- Allow to cool / harden before you devour them.
- OPTIONAL (I added one last step --- and partially dipped them in melted chocolate chips and pink sugar. They're good plain or embellished, so it's up to you!)
Yields 12 Cookies