Crispy (Baked) Sweet Potato and Carrot Shoestring Fries // via Nosh and Nourish
1 Sweet Potato (peeled)
4 large carrots
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Cornstarch
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
1 teaspoon Cumin
juice from 1/2 a lime
2 tablespoons Ketchup (for dipping)
2 tablespoons Plain greek yogurt (for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spiralize (or julienne) the sweet potato and carrots.
- Combine the salt, cumin, and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour the olive oil over the spiralized vegetables. Stir to coat evenly.
- Stir in the spices.
- Lay the veggies as flat as possible on a large baking sheet. Squeeze lime juice evenly over the top.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, flipping halfway through, and watching to make sure they don't get too crispy. During the last 5 minutes, I removed the crispiest ones onto a plate, and used tongs to move around the fries so that each could have a turn near the edges.
- Combine the ketchup and Greek yogurt to make a creamy dip for the fries!
Yields 3 Servings