Nosh and Nourish: Cranberry Banana Bread
2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour (I used King Arthur's -- or sub 2.5 cups brown rice flour to make it gluten-free)
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoon Sea Salt
2⁄3 cups Coconut Sugar
3⁄4 cups Vanilla Almond Milk
2 Small Ripe Bananas
2 tablespoons Ground Flax
6 tablespoons Warm Water
4 tablespoons Earth Balance Vegan Butter (or sub 1/3 cup coconut oil)
1⁄2 cup Dried Cranberries
1⁄4 cup Chopped Walnuts
1⁄4 cup White Chocolate Chips (be sure to use vegan chips if you want to keep it vegan)
- Combine flax and warm water in a small bowl. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in one bowl: flour, baking powder, sea salt, coconut sugar.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl: almond milk, bananas, coconut oil, and flax/water mixture.
- Stir wet and dry ingredients together until combined.
- Gently stir in cranberries, walnuts, and chocolate chips.
- Use coconut oil or non-stick spray to coat a loaf pan.
- Bake for 70 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.
- I usually let mine sit overnight in the fridge before slicing.
Yields 1 Loaf