Nosh and Nourish: Banana Cream Pie Bites
3 1⁄2 ounces Chobani Honey Nana Greek Yogurt (or sub regular Vanilla Chobani)
3⁄4 cups Gerber Organics' Banana & Squash Puree (or sub mashed bananas)
1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1 tablespoon honey
3 Egg Yolks (save egg whites for crust)
16 Nilla Wafers (crushed)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 1⁄2 Bananas (sliced into 36 thin slices)
3 tablespoons White Chocolate Chips (or whipped cream for the top)
3 Refrigerated Pillsbury Pie Crusts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Divide each pie crust into 12 small circles. Press them into each hole of the muffin tin.
- Brush egg white onto the crusts.
- Bake pie crusts in mini-muffin tin for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together in a large sauce pan: the greek yogurt, the banana squash puree, almond milk, agave nectar, yolks, nilla wafers, and vanilla extract.
- Cook over medium heat for approximately 8 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent it from burning.
- Once filling has thickened, let it cool for about 10 minutes.
- Slice the one and a half bananas into 36 thin slices.
- Place one banana slice at the bottom of each pre-cooked pie bite crust.
- Spoon the banana cream filling on top of the banana slice.
- Top each pie bite with 3 white chocolate chips, or a dollop of whipped cream, whichever your preference.
- Let the pie bites cool for at least 2 hours in the fridge before serving.
Yields 36 Pie Bites