I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend! I spent most of it up in the mountains, unplugged, with no cell service or Facebook (or blogging!). It was refreshing for sure! I feel more alive there: surrounded by pine trees and wildlife, breathing in the fresh mountain air, exploring with Dear Hubby and Babycakes. But I'm back, and this is the day you've all been waiting for: THE recipe for healthy Pumpkin Muffins (or bread) is in this post! These muffins are incredibly moist, taste just like fall, and are a much healthier version than the traditional pumpkin breads that roll out this time of year!
Introducing Healthy Pumpkin Muffins:
It took three tries, tweaking the combinations until pure perfection was achieved.
No oil, no butter, low-sugar, and 100% amazing!!
Babycakes was so excited to wake up from her nap to see this perfect little pumpkin "cupcake" and her daddy's sweet face, of course.
The giveaway is now closed.
Need a Great Healthy Recipe for the Holidays?
Pumpkin Muffins (or bread): No butter, no oil, low-sugar, and 100% amazing!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Smash banana and mix with other wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together.
- Spray a muffin tin and pour batter into each cup.
- Bake for 25 - 27 minutes.
- Make frosting while muffins cook: mix up the cream cheese to make it fluffy with a hand mixer. Slowly add in the date puree, while mixing.
- Put frosting back in the fridge to firm up.
- After muffins have baked, allow them to cool before adding the frosting to the tops.
Yields 12 Muffins