Walnut Encrusted Sea Scallops -- #paleo #clean
12 ounces Wild Sea Scallops
1⁄2 cup Almond Meal
1 cup Walnuts (crushed)
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
1⁄8 cup Yellow Mustard
1⁄8 cup Brown Mustard
1⁄4 cup honey
- Defrost Sea Scallops according to package.
- Set out 3 small bowls, one with almond meal, one with eggs (stirred with fork), and one with crushed walnuts.
- Melt 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil over medium high heat in a skillet.
- Coat each sea scallop with almond meal, then dip it in the egg mixture, then coat with crushed walnuts. Add into hot skillet. Repeat for 6 scallops.
- Cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side, flipping carefully with tongs to keep the coating in tact. Scallops should be opaque white and not translucent when fully cooked.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl: yellow mustard, brown mustard, and honey.
- Dip scallops in the sauce and enjoy!
Yields 12 Scallops