Copycat Taco Bell Double Decker Tacos -- packed with veggies, but devoured just the same!!
1 packageMorningstar Crumbles (or use your favorite meat substitute)
1⁄2 packageFrozen corn, peppers, black bean combo
1⁄2 packageBroccoli slaw (no sauce)
1 packageGrape Tomatoes (pureed)
1 packageTaco Seasoning (I used McCormick's "Fiesta" seasoning)
1 packageCorn Taco Shells
1 packageSmall Flour Tortillas (I used Spinach tortillas)
1 canRefried Black Beans
1 packageGuacamole (or make your own)
1⁄2 cupShredded Cheese (I used regular Cheddar)
- Saute Morningstar crumbles with frozen corn, pepper, black bean, onion combo.
- Add in next 5 ingredients: broccoli slaw, lime juice, salsa, tomatoe puree, and taco seasoning (and items needed to make the taco seasoning - usually water and/or a bit of oil)
- Stir until thickened/warmed through.
- Heat up refried black beans.
- Cut flour tortillas (if bigger than corn taco shells) into a smaller circle, so that it fits snuggly around the corn shells.
- Spread a thin layer of refried black beans onto the flour tortilla.
- Add corn shell.
- Scoop taco mixture into corn shell.
- Top with cheese and guac, and sour cream if you desire.
- Chomp. Chomp. Enjoy. Repeat.
Yields 8 Tacos