Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo over Zoodles // via Nosh and Nourish #recipe #vegan #dairyfree
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 cup Walnuts
1 cup Water
1 cup Veggie Broth
1 teaspoon WHITE Balsamic Vinegar
1 tablespoon Fresh Basil Leaves (diced)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
1 teaspoon Coconut Sugar
4 zucchinis (spiralized or julienned)
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
1⁄2 cup diced organic tomatoes
3 cups greens (i used a mix of spinach, chard, and bok choy)
- Soak the walnuts in 1 cup of water for 3 - 4 hours.
- Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 425 degrees. Remove stem and seeds from bell pepper, then chop it into 1 inch chunks.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, then place the peppers with the outside skin facing down.
- Roast for 25 minutes. Peppers should be soft and slightly browned on the bottom when done.
- Drain the walnuts from the water they were soaking in, and combine the walnuts, roasted peppers, tomatoes, and veggie broth (or chicken broth). Use an immersion stick blender to puree, until smooth.
- In a small pot over medium-low heat, combine the pepper puree and the white balsamic vinegar, basil, oregano, garlic, and coconut sugar. Stir frequently until it is warmed through.
- Spiralize your zucchini (I left the skin on mine, but you can peel first if you prefer).
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini with the olive oil for approximately 4 minutes. The zucchini should be warmed and slightly softened, but not mushy. Then add in the warmed red pepper alfredo, stirring to coat each noodle.
- Serve immediately with sliced grape tomatoes and sauteed greens (optional).
Yields 4 Servings