Vegan Pumpkin Muffins #nodairy #noeggs #nobutter
2 cups Brown Rice Flour (or sub your favorite flour)
1 1⁄2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1⁄2 teaspoon Sea Salt
2⁄3 cups Coconut Sugar
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
1⁄4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
2 tablespoons Ground Flax
4 tablespoons Water
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Pureed Pure Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 Ripe Banana (mashed)
1⁄4 cup Coconut Oil (measured in melted form)
2 tablespoons Brown Rice Flour (for streusel topping)
2 tablespoons Coconut Sugar (for streusel topping)
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil (for streusel topping)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon (for streusel topping)
2 tablespoons Raw Pumpkin Seeds (for streusel topping)
- Mix together the 2 tbsp of flax and 4 tbsp of water in a small bowl. Stir vigorously with a fork, then refrigerate for 15 minutes while you prepare the rest of the muffins.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add together the remaining non-streusel ingredients in a large mixing bowl (Brown Rice flour through Coconut Oil).
- Stir in the flax / water combo into the muffin mixture.
- Use non-stick spray to coat a muffin tin. (optional)
- Spoon the muffin mixture into each muffin cup to the top.
- Combine the streusel toppings in a separate bowl.
- Spoon a small portion of streusel onto each muffin, being sure to press it down into the muffin.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then devour!
Yields 12 Muffins