Vegan Oat Bars with Raspberry Chia Jam
1 1⁄2 tablespoonground flaxseed
1⁄3 cupMelted Coconut Oil
1⁄4 cupMaple Syrup (or agave syrup)
2 tablespoonsBrown Sugar (optional)
2 1⁄2 cupsRolled Oats
1⁄2 cupwhole wheat flour (I use spelt)
1 cupSliced Almonds
1⁄2 teaspoonBaking Soda
1 pinchSea Salt
Here is the recipe for the raspberry chia jam.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the raspberry chia jam.
- In a bowl put the flax with the water and let it hydrate for a few minutes.
- In the food processor, put the almonds and pulse six times or just as it has a sand-like consistency.Be careful not to overdo it; they can become almond butter.
- Put the oatmeal and press again until the flakes coarsely grounded. Add the flour and baking soda. Press several times until everything is well integrated.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, syrup, vanilla, and flaxseed mixture. Combine the dry ingredients from the food processor with those in the bowl. Mix; it will be sticky, but it's ok.
- In a 9x9 baking pan put 3/4 parts of the mix (more or less). Press until firm with a glass or the back of a spoon to compact. Leave 1/4 part of the mixture in the bowl for the topping.
- Thoroughly cover the first layer with chia jam. Add the remaining part of the mixture on top.
- Bake for about 20-25min. It is ready when it feels firm, and the top is golden brown. Take it out of the oven and let it cool. Cut into equal parts.
Yields 8 Servings