Banana Nut Muffins that happen to be vegan...and AMAZING!
2 Flax Eggs*
1⁄2 cup Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1⁄2 cup Silk Vanilla Almondmilk (unsweetened)
1⁄4 cup Melted Coconut Oil
3⁄4 cups Mashed Banana (approximately 1 and a half small bananas)
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2⁄3 cups organic raw cane sugar (or sub coconut sugar)
1⁄2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1⁄2 tablespoon Baking Powder
2 cups White Whole Wheat Flour
3⁄4 cups Coarsely Chopped Walnuts (divided)
*2 "Flax Eggs" = 2 Tbsp ground flax + 6 Tbsp warm water. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Create your flax eggs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine chickpeas and almond milk in a large measuring cup. Use an immersion stick blender to puree until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients, except 1/4 cup walnuts, but including the chilled flax in a medium bowl.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray, or use coconut oil.
- Fill each cup to the top.
- Press the remaining 1/4 cup walnuts into the top of each muffin batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Yields 12 Muffins