easy mothers day recipes | mothers day brunch | turkey pinwheels | strawberry brunch ideas | pistachio pesto
2 tablespoons Basil Paste (sold in a tube in the produce section)
1 cup shelled pistachios (I use unsalted)
1⁄2 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
juice from 1/2 a lemon
handful of fresh basil leaves (~15 leaves)
1⁄2 tablespoon Coconut Sugar
1⁄2 tablespoon Minced Garlic
1⁄4 cup parmesan
2 Flatout ProteinUP wraps
4 tablespoons Whipped Cream Cheese
1⁄3 cup beet hummus (you can use store-bought or homemade*)
1⁄2 cup micro greens (or sub spinach)
8 ounces black pepper turkey (or omit to keep vegetarian)
8 Strawberries (sliced)
4 tablespoons Goat Cheese (optional)
- In a small food processor (or a blender would work), combine all of the pesto ingredients: basil paste, pistachios, olive oil, lemon juice, fresh basil, coconut sugar, garlic, and parmesan. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Lay the Flatout wrap flat.
- Add a thin layer of cream cheese to one end. Cover the remaining area with a thin layer of the pesto. (You will have leftoever pesto!)
- Add a handful of the micro greens near the end farthest away from the cream cheese. Then, add 6-8 turkey slices next to that - the turkey shouldn't go too much farther than halfway.
- Add 2 tbsp of the beet hummus between the turkey and the cream cheese.
- Next, add the goat cheese and strawberries on top of the turkey.
- Carefully, roll it up starting with the non-cream cheese end. Try to keep it tight, but not squished.
- Once it is rolled, use a bread knife to slice it into pinwheels.
- Repeat process with the other wrap.
Yields 6 Servings