Thai Meatball Tacos with Broccoli Slaw
*1 flax egg = 1 Tbsp flax + 3 Tbsp warm water. Mix, then refrigerate for 10 minutes.
**NOTE - you can cook the meat mixture as crumbled ground instead of meatballs, and it will taste just as delicious! So if meatballs seem too finicky or time-consuming, just brown the meat mixture all at once!
- Prepare your flax egg and refrigerate for 10 minutes, while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Combine the meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl: Impossible ground, breadcrumbs, garlic, oat milk, rice vinegar, 1 Tbsp Thai chile sauce, coconut aminos, ginger, sea salt, and refrigerated flax egg.
- Mix thoroughly with hands.
- Form into 1.5" meatballs.
- In a large saute pan, add 2 Tbsp of olive oil + 1 Tbsp of sesame oil and heat to medium high.
- Add meatballs, 6 at a time. Let them brown on each side, rotating them into the oil with tongs so that every side gets evenly browned. Repeat 3 times, for a total of 18 - 20 meatballs.
- Set meatballs aside.
- In a new (or clean out the original pan) pan, saute the broccoli slaw for approximately 3 - 4 minutes with 2 Tbsp of Thai chile sauce, just long enough to soften the broccoli slaw a bit.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl (veganaise, chile sauce, and lime juice). Whisk to emulsify.
- Assemble your tacos: tortilla, sauteed broccoli slaw, 2 - 3 meatballs, vegan crema, wonton strips, cilantro and slivered almonds.
Yields 6 Servings