Sweet Sticky Coconut Quinoa // via Nosh and Nourish #recipe #vegan #dairyfree
2 cupsuncooked quinoa
1 teaspoonCoconut Oil
6 cupsMixed Greens (I used Newstar's Spinach plus Power Greens)
1 cuplite canned coconut milk
1 cupSilk Almond/Coconut Blend (or sub lite canned coconut milk)
1⁄2an orange (squeezed)
1 cupfrozen organic peas
1 cupdiced mango (or sub pineapple if mangoes are out of season)
2 tablespoonsDark Amber Maple Syrup
1 tablespoonSoy Sauce (or sub liquid aminos)
1 tablespoonGround Flax
1 teaspoonfresh minced ginger
1⁄3 cupPistachios (shelled and coarsely chopped)
- Cook quinoa according to instructions on the box. (I used a rice cooker with 2 cups dry quinoa to 4 cups water). Takes approximately 15 minutes.
- In a large deep saute pan over medium heat, melt coconut oil and saute mixed greens for approximately 5 minutes. Greens should be wilty, but not browned.
- Add in all remaining ingredients except pistachios, but including cooked quinoa.
- Cook over medium heat for approximately 15 minutes to thoroughly heat/thicken, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Serve hot, adorned with pistachios.
Yields 6 Servings