Easy (Baked) Sweet Potato Zucchini Tots // via Nosh and Nourish
1 medium sweet potato
1⁄4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1⁄2 teaspoon Sea Salt
1⁄4 teaspoon Paprika
1⁄8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon coconut flour (or sub your favorite flour)
2 tablespoons Plain greek yogurt (for the sauce)
2 tablespoons organic ketchup (for the sauce)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel sweet potato and microwave on high for 3.5 - 4 minutes. (alternatively, you can bake a peeled sweet potato for 45 minutes instead). Let sweet potato cool for a few minutes so that you can safely handle it.
- Using a medium to large grater, grate the sweet potato... adding it to a medium mixing bowl.
- Then peel and grate the zucchini either over a thick paper towel or a tea towel. Once grated, squeeze out the excess "juice"/water from the zucchini.
- Then add the remaining ingredients into the mixing bowl with the sweet potato: grated zucchini, parmesan cheese, sea salt, paprika, garlic powder, and flour. Mix well, even using your hands to press and squeeze and make sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- Form the mixture into small cylinders with your fingers, making them about an inch and a half long. Set them on a lined baking sheet in rows so that they are not touching each other.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Then, flip them over. Then bake for another 15 - 20 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Combine the Greek yogurt and ketchup to make the dipping sauce.
- Serve tots hot / immediately with the sauce.
Yields 24 Tots