Sweet pork in a cherry/wine reduction sauce, served over rice.
1 pound Pork Loin (thinly sliced)
1 teaspoon Olive Oil
1⁄2 cup Chardonnay
1 cup Cherries (pitted and diced)
1 teaspoon Molasses
1 teaspoon Garlic (minced)
3 teaspoons Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Follow instructions to cook brown rice.
- Saute minced garlic, until slightly browned.
- Add in wine, 1/2 cup diced cherries, garlic, soy sauce, molasses, and olive oil.
- Heat through.
- Add in one layer of sliced pork into sauce.
- Let it cook on one side for 2 - 3 minutes, until meat starts to turn white. Then flip and cook another 2 minutes.
- Take cooked meat out, and place on a plate to the side.
- Repeat with additional meat, until all is cooked.
- Once all meat is cooked, add in the additional 1/2 cup of cherries and 2 Tbsp of brown sugar. Stir continually until sauce thickens.
- Serve in bowls with rice, pork, and a couple tablespoons of the sauce on top!
Yields 6 Servings