Super Nutty Brownies || gluten-free || grain-free
1⁄2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts
1⁄2 cup pecans
1⁄2 cup Cooked Quinoa (omit to keep fully paleo)
1 cup chocolate cashewmilk
1 1⁄2 tablespoon dark chocolate cocoa powder (or sub regular cocoa powder)
1⁄2 cup almond flour
1⁄4 cup Coconut Sugar (or sub sweetener of choice)
1⁄4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
2⁄3 cups dark chocolate chips*
5 dark chocolate sea salt caramels** (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a high speed blender (a food processor would work too), combine the coconut, macadamia nuts, pecans, cooked quinoa, and chocolate cashewmilk. Blend on high until smooth. Then, pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- In the large mixing bowl, add the remaining ingredients, except the caramel candies. Whisk together until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x9 baking pan.
- Press the 5 caramels into the batter evenly (optional).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve warm with your favorite vanilla ice cream (optional, but delicious!)
Yields 9 Brownies