Grilled Cheese made with pesto and strawberries.
4 Ciabatta Rolls
8 ounces Fontina Cheese
4 tablespoons Pesto
16 ounces Strawberries
2 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
2 teaspoons Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
- Slice Ciabatta rolls in half.
- Spread 1 Tbsp pesto on one side of each sandwich.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top of the pesto.
- Slice fontina cheese & lay on the other side of each sandwich in a single layer.
- Slice strawberries, then soak with the balsamic vinegar. Stir so that each slice is amptly covered.
- Layer marinated strawberries on top of the fontina cheese.
- Carefully put back together.
- Use butter or non-stick spray to coat pan. Then, cook over LOW heat for 12 - 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Make sure cheese is melted and strawberries are heated through.
- Let cool for a couple minutes so you don't burn your fingers bringing the deliciousness to your mouth!
Yields 4 Sandwiches