Squash, Carrot & Apple Soup
2 Acorn Squash
4 Apples (peeled & sliced, I used Honeycrisp)
1⁄4 Onion (diced)
4 Carrots (sliced into round slivers)
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
32 ounces Chicken broth (or sub vegetable broth)
1⁄2 tablespoon Ground Ginger
1 tablespoon Fresh Sage (diced)
1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
11 ounces Coconut Water (I used the Naked brand)
1 teaspoon Salt
Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut acorn squash in half and remove seeds.
- Place face down in a 13 x 9 baking dish, with 1inch of water in the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until the squash is soft.
- Saute the onion, garlic, and sliced carrots in the olive oil in a large stock pan for about 5 minutes.
- Add in sliced apples, chicken broth, and coconut water.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in squash (remove outer skin first).
- Puree in a blender or with an immersion stick blender.
- Add in diced sage, ginger, and salt and pepper.
Yields 8 Servings