Spinach Basil Turkey Sliders
1 poundground lean turkey
2 cupsbaby spinach (+ extra for topping)
10Fresh Basil Leaves (~ 1/4 cup)
1 cloveGarlic (minced)
1 tablespoonOlive Oil
1⁄4 cupsun-dried tomatoes
1⁄2 cupGreek Yogurt (or sub mayo)
1 teaspoonLemon juice
1 teaspoonSea Salt
1⁄2 teaspoonblack pepper
6 sliceswhite cheddar cheese (or cheese of choice)
- Chop spinach and basil very fine, a food processor is great for this!
- Add turkey, chopped spinach and basil, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper into a large bowl and combine throughly until the ingredients have been distributed evenly throughout the ground turkey.
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Make the turkey mixture into 8 slider patties of equal size.
- Place onto the grill for 4-5 minutes per side with the grill lid closed until turkey has cooked through. Reduce the heat if needed for flame ups.
- The last minute of cooking add cheese to the top, close the lid, and let melt.
- While the turkey sliders are cooking, add sun-dried tomatoes, mayo, and lemon juice to a food processor and process until smooth or feel free to leave the tomatoes slightly chunky.
- Toast the buns and slather with aioli and then top with burgers and more spinach, red onion, and serve immediately.
Yields 8 Servings