Southwestern Biscuit Quiches // @noshandnourish
1 tablespoonPlain Chobani greek yogurt
1⁄3 cupPepper Jack Cheese
1⁄3 cupColby Jack Cheese
1⁄2 cupChunky Salsa (I used black bean/corn salsa)
1 canPillsbury Biscuits (I used the Southern Homestyle variety)
This recipe made 12 full muffin cups, plus an additional ramekin dish with an individual serving.
- Preheat oven to 350 (I now use a convection oven).
- Mix all ingredients, except for the biscuits, in a medium mixing bowl.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Open your can of biscuits and cut each biscuit in half.
- Press the biscuit halves into each muffin cup.
- Pour on the egg mixture over each piece of biscuit, filling each cup almost to the top.
- Place a cookie sheet on the rack under the muffin tin, for any overages... a few of mine dripped a little from being too full.
- Bake for 28 minutes in the convection oven. (I'm guessing if you're not using convection, you'll need to bake more like 30 - 35 minutes). Take out when the egg is cooked and slightly browned on the top.
Yields 12 Quiches