Root Veggie Nests
● I used my food processor grater attachment to quickly shred the vegetables, but a box grater would work just as well!
● I used smoked paprika because I love the extra smokey flavor, but if you don't have it you can use regular paprika.
● You can cook the eggs to your desired doneness. If you like your yolks runny, try 8-10 minutes. If you prefer a hard yolk, try 12-15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Liberally grease a muffin tin with butter. This is important, to keep the eggs from sticking.
- Add the grated sweet potato, parsnips and beets to a bowl. Soak in cold water for 10 minutes, then drain and dry. I used a salad spinner to remove as much water as possible from the grated veggies, then pat dry with paper towels. This will help them get crispy in the oven.
- In a bowl, mix the grated veggies, olive oil, paprika and salt. Toss to completely coat.
- Divide the mixture between six muffin tins, about 1/2 cup per muffin. Press the veggie mixture down and up the sides. The muffin tins will be very full, that's ok because the veggie will shrink in the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until starting to get brown and crispy. Remove from oven, use a tablespoon to create an indentation in each nest. Crack an egg into each nest.
- Return to oven and bake 8-10 minutes, until yolks are set. 8. Run a butter knife around the edges of each nest and lift out of the tins. Serve right away!
Yields 6 Nests