Rainbow Ice Cream Cake
1 cupRolled Oats
1 cupshredded, unsweetened coconut
2 cupssalted cashews (or raw)
1⁄2 cupbrown rice syrup (or sub maple syrup)
2 pintsSo Delicious Dairy Free Salted Caramel Cluster (or sub your favorite flavor)
18 ouncesSo Delicious Dairy Free CocoWhip (Original, ~ 2 containers)
- Take out the 2 pints of frozen non-dairy dessert and let them thaw on the countertop for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the crust ingredients in a food processor. Blend until a dough forms and individual pieces of the cashews are pretty small. Press the nutty dough into the bottom of a 10” round pie pan, or 9x9 square. Freeze for 20 min.
- Remove pie plate from freezer and spoon on the thawed non-dairy frozen dessert into an even layer. Put back in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide your CocoWhip into 5 bowls. Use natural food dye to mix up different colors. I used: pink, purple, blue, orange, and yellow.
- When the ice cream layer is re-frozen (usually after about 30 min), spoon on differently dollops of each color in a haphazard pattern. Then, use a knife or the back of a spoon to swirl them all together into a rainbow pattern.
- Freeze for another 20 – 30 minutes (or even overnight).
- Slice and serve. If it’s too hard, let it sit out on the counter for 10 minutes before slicing.
Yields 10 Servings