Nosh and Nourish: Quinoa Pizza Bites
2 packages Large Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
2 cups Cooked Quinoa (I used tri-color)
1 cup Shredded Italian Cheese (I used an Italian cheese blend, but you could just use mozzarella)
2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
1 cup Diced Zucchini
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon Paprika
4 teaspoons Basil
1⁄2 teaspoon Sea Salt
3⁄4 cups Flour (I used white whole wheat flour)
Pizza Sauce for dipping
*Pepperoni lovers could add 1/4 cup diced pepperoni to the mix before baking. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2 mini-muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- Open up your crescent rolls, unrolling carefully. Press each set of 2 triangles together into one larger rectangle. Use a small cup/glass to cut circles of dough. Press the dough circles into each muffin cup.
- Combine all remaining ingredients, except for dipping sauce.
- Fill each dough cup with a spoonful of the quinoa mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping!
Yields 24 Mini-Bites