Quinoa Brownies // Nosh and Nourish
1 cup Cooked Quinoa
1⁄4 cup Rolled Oats
1⁄2 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
2⁄3 cups Coconut Sugar
3 tablespoons Vegan Butter (I used Earth Balance)
1⁄2 cup Butternut Squash (peeled and cubed)
1⁄3 cup Silk Chocolate Almond Milk (or Silk Chocolate Cashewmilk)
2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
4 tablespoons Ground Flax
1 cup Dark Chocolate chips (make sure to use vegan choc chips if you are strictly vegan)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook butternut squash - either over the stovetop or in the microwave. (I cooked mine in the microwave -- added 1/3 cup water and microwaved for 4 minutes. Then drained).
- Add almond milk to the cooked butternut squash, and then puree with an immersion blender.
- Add all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl.
- Spray a 9x9 glass baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Pour in the brownie batter and cook for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy with a glass of almond milk! (optional)
Yields 12 Brownies