Purple Sweet Potato Fries with an Herby Tahini Sauce
2 pounds purple sweet potatoes (regular orange ones will also work)
2 tablespoons neutral high heat oil (we used sunflower, but avocado oil is good too)
1 tablespoon Cornstarch
1 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt (plus more after they come out of the oven)
---FOR THE SAUCE---
3⁄4 cups tahini
2 tablespoons Lemon juice
3 tablespoons fresh parsley
2 tablespoons fresh basil
1 teaspoon Salt
1⁄4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1⁄3 cup Water (up to 1/2 cup, add slowly!)
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Wash potatoes well, pat dry and slice into even-sized sticks.
- Toss fries in oil, starch and salt. Optional: add everything to a large plastic bag, seal and shake well to coat evenly.
- Spread on baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes, until crispy and tender. Remove from oven and toss with more salt to taste.
- While fries are cooking, add all ingredients (except water) to a blender or food processor. Pulse a few times to incorporate the ingredients, then start adding in water as it blends. Add water until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- If you’d prefer not to use a blender, you can also chop the herbs finely and whisk all ingredients together instead.
- Serve fries with sauce and enjoy!
Yields 6 Servings