Pumpkin White Bean Chicken Chili
* If turning into a casserole with biscuits simple top the leftover soup with biscuits after you put it in a baking dish. (The soup will be thicker in consistency the following day!) Bake for 25-30 minutes until biscuits are browned and soup is bubbling. Top with green onions.
* If roasting pumpkin to make puree, cut in half, scoop out seeds and drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper. Place flesh side down on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes at 425 degrees until fork tender. Puree with a little chicken stock until you reach desired consistency. The next time you get a craving for a delicious soup, give my Pumpkin White Chicken Chili a try!
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat and add green chiles, poblano, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until onions are translucent, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in cumin, oregano, bay leaf, pumpkin puree and stir to combine and slightly toast spices.
- Add in beans at this time along with chicken stock, lime juice, and chicken.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for at least 30 minutes but up to a few hours. (The longer it cooks the better is tastes!)
- To serve, top with extra lime juice, cilantro, queso fresco, and fresh jalapeño slices if desired.
Yields 8 Servings