power pasta salad | vegetarian pasta salad | vegetarian summer barbeque recipes | green lentil pasta
8 ouncesPOW! Green Lentil Penne Pasta (or sub your favorite pasta)
4 tablespoonsGoodfoods' Caramelized onion dip (or sub plain Greek yogurt or vegan mayo)
2 tablespoonsextra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoonfresh lime juice
1 teaspoonrice vinegar
2 cupschopped rainbow chard leaves
1⁄2 cupchopped rainbow chard stems (optional)
1⁄2 cupchopped Sprouts fresh basil leaves
6heirloom grape tomatoes
1⁄2yellow bell pepper (diced)
1⁄2 cuppine nuts
1⁄4red onion (sliced into rounds)
- Cook the pasta according to the package. Drain and then cool in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl: caramelized onion dip, 1 Tbsp. olive oil, lime juice, and rice vinegar. Whisk together. Set aside.
- On medium heat in a large skillet, saute the rainbow chard stems, leaves, and basil with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil... for approximately 5 minutes, until greens are softened but not browned. Remove them from the skillet and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- In the same skillet, now emptied, lightly toast/brown the pine nuts, stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes. Then remove them from the skillet and add them to the large mixing bowl.
- In the same skillet, now emptied, saute the bell pepper and tomatoes for approximately 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned. Remove them from the skillet and add them to the large mixing bowl.
- Finally, in the same skillet, now emptied, saute the onions for approximately 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned. Remove them from the skillet and add them to the large mixing bowl.
- Combine everything in the mixing bowl. Stir and then serve.
- You can refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Yields 6 Servings